Who We Are
Fraser Valley Salmon Society is a non-profit society that ensures and advocates for the rights for all anglers in non-tidal waters and works with DFO as co-managers in conservation and habitat protection. The FVSS is also heavily involved in the training and education of anglers and the public to sport fishing.
Our current directors are:
- Dean Werk, President
- Nick Basok, Vice President
- Chris Gadsden, Treasurer
- Terry Bodman, Secretary
- George Noordegraaf
- Aggie Fritz
- Chuck Grant
- Jackie Atkinson
- Frank Buyar
- Gerry Thomson
- Glen Stoner
- Mike Duncan
- Landon Gill
The following activities take place at the Fraser Valley Salmon Society throughout the year.
- Ensure angler access on our local waters
- Extend salmon fishing opportunities year round
- Expand all species opportunities
- Maintain a productive, effective working relation with DFO
- Provide catch/effort data via our logbook
- Using newsletters, mall displays and media; inform the public about responsibilities and opportunities for recreational angling
- Represent the resource to everyone's best interest
Becoming a Member
Please become a new member or renew your membership thereby helping us help you. Membership fees are $10.00 per year covering the period from April 1 to March 31, or $20.00 for two years, or $100.00 for a Lifetime Membership. Lifetime members ONLY will receive a membership card, which can be used at Chilliwack Dart & Tackle and Fred's Custom Tackle to receive a 10% discount on purchases.
Donations can be made to the Fraser Valley Salmon Society by cheque. Our mailing address is:
Fraser Valley Salmon Society
P.O. Box 42, Chilliwack Stn. Main
Chilliwack, BC, V2P 6H7
Tax receipts are not available as we do lobby.